For Question 1, you’ll handwrite your response on an answer sheet that you must prepare before exam day. You’ll upload a photo of your completed answer sheet to the online exam. See submission guidelines for details on how to attach a photo.
You should prepare your answer sheet about one week before the May 19 exam.
- Download the 2020 Question 1 Music Theory Answer Sheet (.pdf/91 KB).
- Print, or copy by hand, the answer sheet before exam day. You’ll submit a photo of your completed answer sheet for Question 1.
- If you don’t have a printer, you’ll need to create the answer sheet by hand. Use staff paper or create staves using a ruler or a straight edge. Copy everything you see on the 2020 Question 1 Music Theory Answer Sheet as neatly as possible: the question titles, the grand staff with treble and bass clefs, the time signature, the bar line and double bar line, and the spaces below the staff. Be sure to include your AP ID and initials at the top.
- Here’s an example of a completed hand-copied answer sheet and a completed printed answer sheet.
- Prepare extra answer sheets in case of mistakes. Only 1 answer sheet will be submitted during the exam, but we recommend having 2−3 extra copies and extra staff paper for scratch work.