To submit using this method, type your response in another application (for example, Microsoft Word), then copy and paste it in the field indicated and click Submit.
- Draft your response in a different program, copy it, then paste it into a text box following the directions in the exam.
- Include your AP ID and your initials at the top of the page.
- You cannot type your response into the text box.
- You cannot paste images into the text box.
- You cannot paste equations or special characters into the text box, only regular keyboard characters.
- The character limit for this field is 15,000—roughly equivalent to 5 typed pages.
- If you make a mistake, hit Clear Field. Then start over.
- Once you hit Submit, you can’t go back.
- Check the formatting and content in your pasted response. Mobile users: Scroll horizontally and vertically so you can see and check all of your pasted response. If it's wrong or incomplete, hit Clear Field, go back to your source doc, correct the issue, and copy and paste again.
- On a desktop or laptop, you can reduce the size of this application so you can view the exam question and your text file side by side.
- Use one of these applications (or a similar application) to craft your response:
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
- For AP Chemistry, AP Calculus and AP Statistics, review the keyboarding guides for tips on how to enter answers without using equations or specials characters.
- Keyboarding Tip Sheet for the 2020 AP Calculus Exams (.pdf/611 KB)
- Keyboarding Tip Sheet for the 2020 AP Chemistry Exams (.pdf/460 KB)
- Keyboarding Tip Sheet for the 2020 AP Statistics Exams (.pdf/413 KB)